Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where you Live Friday - Children's Rooms and Nurseries

I have only participated in one Show US Where You Live Friday over at Kelly's Korner but this week I decided to join in. I would not say that I have the cutest rooms or anything. I lack decorating skills and I usually let the kids win when it comes to their room. I want everyone to be happy. I will warn you...it's a bit messy but I am not supermom!! Here is McKenna and Kambry's room:The first photo is a view from their bedroom door. Notice Aislynn at the bottom of the picture. She likes to keep me in sight at that age. The girls picked out their bedding from Target. Of course it doesn't match. I also didn't bother with making McKenna's bed. She likes it that way anyways. I really like the bunkbeds I got them. I can assemble it as is, have a two twins bunks, two separate twin beds, or a twin and a full separate beds. So many options it's great.

This little girly chandelier I just love! I am not however a fan of the popcorn ceiling...I wish I could blink my eyes and it would be gone.

Then I have a view from by the window of the messy bookshelves that hold all their book and other stuff. And also a view from their beds that shows the armoir, toy box, and chest of drawers.





Then I have Aislynn's room. I haven't really done much to it since we moved her in their right after Christmas. I put her name up and that's about it.


The baby bed was actually mine when I was a baby and all three of my girls have used it. I have a total mix match of furniture because I could really find anything to match the bed anyways and I have the big dresser that matches the older girls room in here too. Eventually I am going to get Aislynn a twin bed that matches the girls so I can move them from room to room when they get older and everything will go together.

I got this basket to keep her baby toys in and I think it looks really cute.
So, there you have it. Those are my children's rooms. Won't you play along too?? Head on over to Kelly's Korner and link up.

8 comments:

Family American Style said...

Love the chandelier. I have a boy, if I had a gir1, I would be in so much trouble.

Sonya said...

The rooms are great. I love the furniture for your older girls. That bed sounds fantasic. :)

We have the same rocker!

Heather said...

Cute rooms and I am loving these chandeliers!! Thanks for sharing!

Grasso10 said...

I love the chandelier as well! I think you have wonderful decorating skills! How does your lil one like the seahorse? I'm so curious about that toy. Thanks for sharing! :)

-Brooke

ClintandGina said...

What a small world that you know Laura. Yes, we know them well. Derek is my husbands best friend and was the best man in our wedding. If you scroll back in our blog to last fall, we spent a weekend at their house in College Station......and have pictures with the boys. If you scroll back a year, you will see another trip we made and pictures of tehir beautiful home. Laura is also one of the pregnant girls in my "Houston Shower pictures" a few blog back. Your girls are adorable!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

I love this!! The chandelier is adorable!

the monkeys' mama said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! What can I say? I adore alliteration...I think it can be a bad thing :-) but (eek!) i can't help myself!

By the way, your girls are all absolute dolls!

Tara G. said...

What a pretty chandelier! Your girls are cuties!