Wednesday, April 22, 2009

8 Months and Counting

Another month has gone by oh so quickly. Aislynn is now 8 months old. Where is my little baby going? She's growing too fast. I will have to say though..this child is one of her own. She is nothing like her sisters at all. From the beginning she wanted to be different. During her birth she decided to get stuck from the shoulders down. It took lots of pulling and pushing to get her out. Then she decided she did not like her car seat at all the first few months. The other girls always did fine in theirs. Aislynn had many moments of crying for no understandable reason. I am glad that didn't last too too long. She has been much more vocal than the other two girls. She is constantly making the sounds, "da, da, and na, na, and maybe sometimes I can make out a mama." She does the raspberry sound where she blows spit bubbles out of her mouth. On Monday afternoon we were driving to Kenna's t-ball game and the car was very quiet: no radio, no kids talking, no TV. I guess that Aislynn decided that if no one else was going to make noise that she would. We heard her making spit bubbles for 5 minutes straight. It was so funny, I wish I had my video camera to record it. She won't take a bottle. It's not really that big of a deal because I am still just nursing her all the time but if I were to want to do something without her one day it would be nice for her to take a bottle every now and then. I have been trying sippy cups and she sometimes will entertain the idea. This child is making me work!! Also, she is a lazy baby. If I lay her down on the floor she will just lay there. She won't even roll over or anything. I sit her down to play and she just sits there. She will try to reach for things but that's about as much activity as she will give me. I am not in a hurry for her to start moving about the house by any means...then I would have to chase her, but it would be nice to see her try to do something. I guess her time will come one day. Okay so now for her stats..weight:16lbs, 4 oz. length:27 1/2 inches.

Today is my friend Meg's 29th Birthday!! So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Meg. I don't know if she wanted me to say how old she is but I think we should embrace the fact that this is our last year in our 20's. It's slipping by so quickly. I know you can't go out and party like a rock star tonight Meg so have an extra piece of cake for me. Don't worry about the calories, you will need them anyways!!HA!!

5 comments:

2003beachbunch said...

So you are getting a run for your money as well? Hee, hee. I am hoping that since the first was good, the second is less than good that maybe our third will revert back to being good! Hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

She is so so cute! :-) love this!

Simply Complex said...

She is adorable. And she looks so grown up!

My little one is one month younger- and just like her. He does his raspberry thing all of the time and talks to himself in the car. He just started to move around and pull himself places, but has no interest in trying to crawl, and is usually very content lying on his back and kicking the floor with his legs. I watch all of these other bloggy babies his age crawling and pulling themselves up and wonder why he wont do that... Stubborn baby.

I'm Anna. said...

Your girls are beautiful!

Sonya said...

She is gorgeous!!

By the way I tagged you. Check out my blog to see why!