Monday, August 16, 2010

Home from Disney...lots to talk about

It's been about a week since we have been home from Disney World and I have been meaning to sit down and blog about it but kept procrastinating.  So, finally here it is.  We left on a Wednesday fully intending to get to Orlando in the early afternoon, check into the hotel and hit the park till closing.  Well, since we didn't actually map it out and tried using our memory from last year we thought the trip would take about 6 hours.  I don't know how both my husband and I miscalculated (misremembered) the drive time and forgot about the time change but we did.  So, what we thought was originally going to be a six hour drive time turned into eight and then in addition losing the hour from our house to Orlando that we ended up getting there three hours after we planned.  Luckily for us, we were both off the day after we were originally going to come back that we decided to just stay an extra day and enjoy the evening at the hotel.  The girls got to play in the pool and we went to bed early ready for the next day!  The first park we went to was Hollywood Studios.  We didn't go there last year so we knew we wanted to spend one day there this year.  It was fun, the girls wanted to do more rides but there aren't many kid rides there so we saw shows and did as much stuff they wanted to do as possible.  My husband was able to ride the Tower of Terror and the Star Tours ride and he said those were fun too!  The weather was actually pretty nice.  As long as it wasn't raining all day we were happy. 
For the two days after that we went to Magic Kingdom.  When I think of Disney, I think Magic Kingdom.  To me, it's the best park of them all.  I could spend days there and still not get bored.  The girls got their faces painted the first was so cute, but the hot weather made for some sweaty girls and I don't think that the paint was ever able to dry.  By the end of the day you could hardly tell they had anything on. 
The second day at Magic Kingdom started with a visit to Downtown Disney to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.  The girls absolutely loved getting all dolled up!  They put their princess dresses on and were ready to princesses for the day.  When we got to the MK we went straight to meet the princesses before their makeup and hair did some funky.  Needless to say, with all the gel they use, that hair was not going anywhere.  The last day of our trip we spent at Animal Kingdom.  It rained a little off and on this day but we still managed to have a good time.  Everyone but me did the Safari right when we got there.  We watched the Lion King show and that was really good.  Then Dada and McKenna did Expedition Everest and The Kali River Rapids and seemed to enjoy it a lot.  The younger girls and I rode the Triceratops Spin and walked around.  Even though we just got home a week ago we are already to go back.  Disney World...Where Dreams Come True!  We love it there.


Meant to be a mom said...

I absolutely love that you painted the girls face. How fun are you!!!

Also I just love all the pics of disney, the girls in the princess dresses. So fun.

I'm glad they had a good time.
You have such a beautiful family.

Erin said...

how fun! Alex is looking at the pictures and saying can i do that, can i do that ha ha :) She is excited to go to disney land / world one day!

Sonya said...

looks like so much fun!!