Friday, April 16, 2010

Day One of 9 Months

What a great day it was! The sun was shining, the air was warm, and the girls were happy and playing in the yard. I knew this was the day, the day to break the news to the hubby! He came home from a long day at work and needed to get his four miles in for his training. I was originally going to surprise him when he came in the door from work but when he called to tell me he was on his way I didn't hear the phone and he arrived without me even knowing. So, I just delayed the "news". I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to tell him but I knew I wanted to do something other than just come out and say it. So, I decided to make a shirt. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a plain shirt and an iron on transfer sheet and tried to get creative. I made a collage on the computer and then printed it on the paper and ironed it on to the shirt. I thought it would be totally obvious but I guess my man doesn't pay as close to attention to detail as I do. When he was in sight from his run I got the camera ready to catch his reaction. I ended up having to point to my shirt to get him to look at it. Here he is on tape.
And here is my collage I made so you can see what he was looking at. We are all so excited for this new arrival.

5 comments:

The Rosa Family said...

aw! thats so sweet!

Kelly said...

Awww!! Congrats! I am so excited for you!

Sonya said...

such a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Awww --- another bean to grow! : - ) Congrats, Lindsay! (and the rest, too!)

Beth P. said...

Haha! What a cute video. Congrats!