Thursday, November 5, 2009

Questions Answered Part 1

Thanks for the questions ladies, I think I have some answering to do now.

The first question is from Melissa at IVF Infertility. She asks if I plan on having any more children.
Ever since I was young I knew I didn't want to have just one child. I was an only child and would have loved to have a sibling to play with. When it was time for my husband and I to start our family, we talked about it and agreed that 3-4 would be a great number for us. We are already so blessed with our three daughters but to answer your question, YES, I would love to have another baby. I don't when that is going to happen but I am hoping that it will happen.

The second question I am going to answer is from Jamie at the Beach Bunch. How do I like having three girls?
If you asked me before I had children if I ever saw myself with three girls I would probably say no. Now, I couldn't imagine having anything but a girl. Girls are all I know. When I was pregnant with McKenna we were sure we were going to have a boy. Then with Kambry we didn't find out and when she was born we were surprised it was another girl. Then we found out with Aislynn that she was a girl and though we were wanting to add a brother to our family I am happy she was girl. I don't think I would know what to do with a boy. My hubby would love to have a son and we are going to try for a boy but we will be overly joyed with whatever child we are blessed with. So, to answer your question Jamie, I love having my three girls. They are great friends and I can't wait to see how they grow up together. I just need to make sure that my next house has a lot of bathrooms!!

This next question comes from Sonya at Ladybugs, Butterflies, and Boxing. She asks, "Do you like being a military wife?"
Thank you for that question, Sonya. Being a military wife is a lot more difficult than I had imagined it would be. I grew up in Austin, Texas. I lived in the same house my whole life. Moving was not something I was used to. Now, it is a way of life. I like it in the fact that I can always start fresh in a new place and go to places I have never been. I don't like it in the fact that someone else is telling us where my family is going to be whether we want it or not. Another aspect of military life is deployments. Luckily I have only gone through three deployments that were approximately 6 months each. The first one was when McKenna was three months old. Dadda came back when she was ten months. He missed many of her milestones. Then, when I was pregnant with Kambry he left again to go to Iraq. I moved home so I would have help with McKenna and so I wasn't all alone. It went by pretty quickly. Then, when Kambry was a year and a half old he deployed once again to Iraq. I moved home again and things went pretty smoothly. I don't like it but I deal with it, it's what we do. Any military wife can tell you the ups and downs of the military but in the end what really matters is that we are married to the person we love, we didn't marry them for the military, it just is something that is a part of our lives. I don't know if I fully answered that question but I hope you get an idea of what I am trying to say.

I will answer more questions in my next post. I enjoying reading about all of you too! Please keep the questions coming and I will keep asking as well.

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun you want another. If God will allow me I want 3-4 as well. Your girls are adorable. I'm sure a 4th would be also.

I want to do a questionaire post on my blog as well. I like the idea of letting people ask you questions they are interested in. I think I will try a post like this on mine. Hope you don't mind me stealing your idea.

Thanks for the answer.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Girls are fun! I wouldn't have it any other way. I am working on a post for the hats you made for my girls. I'll give you a link. Maybe it will give you some biz?!

The Goods said...

I love the Q&A as well...I so wish we lived near each other!

Sonya said...

You answered it great and pretty much the way that I expected you to. I think every military wife sees it pretty much the same way. :)

Here's hoping to have a pregnancy buddy!!! ;)