Thursday, August 6, 2009

Labor and Love

This past week at work has been awesome. I think I am definitely wanting to do labor and delivery a lot. Of course I really like the labor and delivery part better than the scheduled c-section but I know some people have to have c-sections for certain reasons and that's okay. The things I enjoy are seeing the excitement in a soon to be new mom, seeing the nervousness in a soon to be dad, watching the grandparents get ready to be grandparents and listening to stories of how their children were born. These days are great. I love being a resource for my patients and making them feel as comfortable as they can. I think to myself, "Hey, I have been through this a few times, what would I want?" You really get to know your patients well. Where I work we are one on one with our patient in labor so there are no other distractions or things to tend to and I really like that feeling. I have been helping moms breath through contractions, get epidurals put it, push out babies, dry babies off, breastfeed, and recover. So far, I am really enjoying this job a bunch. I am so glad I decided to go back to work.
I have one day off and then I work four more in a row before we head to Texas. It will be a nice break for all of us.
Here is a photo of Kambry jumping around in her new rain boots after the rain the other day. She is just too cute!!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you like your job - I bet it is extremely rewarding!

What a wondeful picture of Kambry!

ashley said...

It sounds like you have a really great job. And I love the pic!!! It's so cute!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

That is the BEST picture!

Just Add Walter said...

no distractions must be nice! glad you are enjoying all your time at work!!

kambry is adorable as always!!! love those boots!

Dea said...

Glad to hear your job is going well and that you like it! Love the picture of Kambry, what cool boots those are!

Anonymous said...

Love this picture! With all the ones I've taken I don't think I've ever gotten ones of them jumping :) And the boots just rock the photo!

I am glad to hear you are liking your job. I imagine it was hard getting back in the swing of things and leaving the kids. I has to be sooo rewarding though!

Have a fun trip...

Sonya said...

That is a FANTASTIC picture Lindsay!!!

When I have my next baby will you please come be my nurse. I had some really awful ones with Lauren!

M.A. said...

I'm so glad you are liking the job!! And I am 600% obsessed with that picture - those boots are so stinkin' cute!!! Have a good time in Texas! :)

Anna said...

such a great picture! i love the rain boots! thanks for visiting my blog. your girls are beautiful!